Here I will discuss about Sketchup, In this discussion, it is aboutHow to Rendering Images in Sketchup with V-ray.
Previously, make sure you already have the V-ray plugin installed and installed in Sketchup. Here I do not discuss how to install V-ray in Secthup. Friends, you can search for yourself atsearch engine super smart “google” to get information regarding it. Because my focus this time is on how to render it.
For this case, I will use pictures 3 Dimensions that I have made in the previous article.
Here is the result of the image that I rendered earlier :
There are some settings that I did in rendering the design above:
Okay, let's go straight to the discussion.. check it out…
➤Setting Material di V-rayIn the example of my picture above, there are several materials that I apply to my designs, such as black level stone material, glass material, brush stone material, grass material, material gown, material paving, roofing material, material keramik, dll.
To give a realistic impression of the material I applied, There are several stages of setup, and i will explain one by one.
➥ Black Level Stone Material Setting:The realistic impression of the black sandstone material is obtained from the embossed effect of the material itself. For settings, friends, you can follow the steps below:
- Select the material you want to set by clicking on the Paint Bucket toolbar, then in the material dialog box click Sample Paint → followed by clicking on the material component in the image 3 the dimensions you want to set (in this case click on the part that contains black sandstone material).
- Then, click the material editor on the V-ray plugin in the sketchup, generally have the logo "M". Can be shown in the image below:
- Pada V-ray material editor, in section“Maps”→ put a check mark on the optionBump→ and fill it with a value of 2.(On this Bump option, the greater the value we give, the higher the level of occurrence of the material, but the side effects when rendering will take quite a long time).
- To see the setting results, click button“Preview”which is in the upper left corner as shown in the image below.
- For other materials such as brick material, material paving, brush stone material, and roofing materials, its setting is the same as the setting of black level stone material. With the bump value, adjust it to your friends' wishes. good luck!
➥ Glass Material Setting:On this glass material, I will apply a reflection effect so that the object in front of it has a reflected impression and will look more realistic. The steps are:
- Select the material you want to set by clicking the toolbarPaint Bucket, then in the material dialog box clickSample Paint→ proceed by clicking on the material component in the image 3 the dimensions you want to set(in this case click the part that contains the glass material).
- Then, click the material editor on the V-ray plugin in the sketchup, generally have a logo“M”. Can be shown in the image below:
- Pada V-ray material editor, right click on the selected glass material →Create Layer→Reflection
- Then the "Reflection" selection box will appear on the right of the material editor. Can be seen in the image below:
- In the selection boxReflection, I rate 1.1 (the higher the value, the higher the higher the reflection (reflection) of the glass material), Friends can fill in the value according to your wishes and tastes. And if you want to see the results of the settings by clicking the buttonPreviewwhich is under the material editor
- To adjust the level of “Slickness” of the glass material, click button“M”like the picture below, and a selection dialog box will appearV-ray texture editor
- Then selectTexFresnel at the bottom of the image above, then I will set the value of IOR and Refract IOR, and each with a value of 1.6(Adjust to the tastes of friends)
- Nah, in sectionParallel located above the IOR, set the color to give a look to the glass, The closer to white, the clearer the glass
- Then clickOK
- For other materials such as ceramic materials, I will give a reflection effect too, so that the setting is the same as the setting of the glass material
For material settings in V-ray, I just use a simple one, like my explanation above. As more detail we adjust the material settings in the V-ray, the higher the laptop specifications needed. And regarding my laptop is not a categoryhigh spec, so the material settings I apply are simple. The most important thing is that the resulting image meets our wishes.
➤ Setting Option Editor V-rayWhen the material arrangement is done, then do the settings in the "Option Editor" by clicking the logo"THE" pada plugin V-ray. As shown in the image below:
On the boxV-ray Option Editorthere are some settings that I did, among them:
Setting Environment (Background)
- On the GI (skylight) like the picture below, we will set the value, in this case I will fill in the value 0.3 (so it's not too bright), because the higher the value, eating will provide a high level of brightness anyway.
- Then, on optionsreflection/refraction (background) like the picture below, I will replace the sketchup background with the daytime sky background. Nah, need to know, in the use of this background we need a file called HDRI.
- If you don't have HDRI files yet,, I have a few examples of HDRI files for the daytime sky, You can download it from the link below:
- Next, to set the Sketchup background click the logo“M”which is onreflection/refraction (background) such as the example image below:
- Then a dialog box will appearV-ray texture editor → then selectTexBitmap at the bottom like the example in this picture
- On selection“File” import the HDRI files that you have with the format.hdr
- Then scroll down, in the UVW Type option select UVWGenEnvironment → then click OK (Can be seen for example in the picture above).
- Then on to optionsMapping type chooseScreen
- The settings for the background sketch have been completed.
Setting Image Sampler (Antialiasing)
- In the image sampler settings, in sectionMax Subdivs I rate 6(can be seen in the image below). This is the function when our rendered image is zoomed so it doesn't break and the resolution is good.
- The higher the valueMax Subdivs the better the results of the resulting image.
Setting Image OutputIn this setting I use the image size2048×1536, to provide good image quality. Because apart fromImage SamplerfromOutput also we can adjust the resolution of the resulting image. So adjust it according to your friends' wishes and tastes.
Rendering ProcessWhen the V-ray settings are done, The next stage is the processRendering.
- Click logo“R” which is on the V-ray plugin, like the example in the picture below:
- Then, wait for the rendering process to finish.
- But before rendering, friends can add additional accessories to your designs, like my example, there are some picture accessories that I added, such as tree and bush accessories. Like the picture below.
- For other accessories, friends can get it at3D Warehouse courtesy of SKetchup.
- Here I show the results of the image rendered with the settings that have been done previously.
31,491 total views, 4 views today